Doors Open Day at St Columba’s Hospice was a huge success!
Over 120 people visited the Hospice on Saturday 24 October, to see our buildings, find out what we do and get a sneaky peek at lots of rooms not normally open to the public.
As part of Doors Open Day at St Columba’s Hospice, we welcomed visitors in to Challenger Lodge, which was the original Hospice building. Today, Challenger Lodge is where our support teams are based and the rooms are not normally open to the public. We also welcomed visitors to our Information Hub, Iona Café and Day Hospice and Outpatients Areas.
In our Day Hospice, visitors we able to see our complementary therapy rooms, our treatment rooms and our stunning lounge area where patients enjoy peer support, discussions with clinical staff and amazing views across the Firth of Forth. Live music was provided by two students from Trinity Academy.
Feedback from visitors was very positive, here’s what some people had to say:
- “I feel overwhelmingly blessed to know that someone I love so much can come somewhere so beautiful.”
- “Beautiful building, friendly staff and great to find out more about the different services that you offer. Thanks!”
- “A lovely calming place, well decorated and lovely people.”
- “Fascinating to see how the building has changed over the years. This is a lovely place that feels very calming.”
- “Very interesting history and the fabric of the building.”
- “My visit was very enlightening; the building is an excellent example of how design can contribute to a sense of positive well-being.”
- “Love the new decorations – so welcoming and cheerful.”
- “Marvellous peaceful place and lovely people working and giving information.”
- “Very friendly and informative. Many thanks.”
- “Quite a fabulous place. Keep up the good work.”
- “A beautifully designed and decorated building, with calm and relaxing spaces.”
- “A very warm welcome from a great team. Buildings are immaculate and so well dressed. Calm and sensitive environment. Thank you.”
- “Very interesting layout, did not know how large this place is. Beautiful gardens.”
- “Lovely to see such a therapeutic and relaxing place. So much thought has been put into the soft furnishings and colours and extras. And the staff, volunteers are a real delight!!”
- “Very welcoming and informative tour. Hospice is a wonderful place. Everyone is thought of.”
- “What a fascinating and inspirational facility. The tours were interesting and informative. Thank you!”