Your career at St Columba’s Hospice
A job you’ll love to talk about
St Columba’s Hospice is a great place to work offering a wide range of career opportunities in a friendly and supportive environment.
We have an ambitious five-year strategy and we need talented and passionate people to drive this forward and help us achieve our ultimate vision.
St Columba’s Hospice currently employs more than 225 staff, in both full and part-time roles across a diverse range of teams including medical, nursing, physiotherapy, and other allied health professionals, catering, domestic and facilities, fundraising, HR, finance and administration to name but a few. We’re always on the lookout for great people.
St Columba’s Hospice is an independent charity registered in Scotland and NHS terms and conditions of employment do not apply to Hospice employees. The Hospice operates it’s own pay scales and terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary, pension, and range of benefits.
Please refer to the recruitment pack for details of the relevant terms and conditions of employment that apply to the vacancy.
Benefits of working at St Columba’s Hospice
A new purpose built Hospice, situated in pleasant surroundings, St Columba’s has excellent facilities for all staff including:
- competitive rates of pay (Hospice pay scales)
- generous pension
- annual Leave: a generous 27 days annual leave increasing to 29 days after 5 years Hospice service and 33 days after 10 years service, plus 8 bank holidays per year (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- supervision and appraisal support
- training & development opportunities
- high staff-patient ratio
- healthy & high quality, low cost meals
- regular staff support meetings
- on-site education & research centre and on-site library
- individualised induction & training period
- discounted gym membership & retail deals
- onsite parking available
- cycle to work scheme
Our experienced multi-disciplinary team work in a supportive environment to provide high quality, holistic, individualised care to patients requiring specialist palliative care, and their families.
St Columba’s Hospice is committed to supporting staff in what can be a stressful and emotionally demanding environment. The personal and professional development of all staff is given high priority.
We’ll need to find out about you and your skills and experience so that we can consider your application. We’ll take great care and securely look after the information you give us. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice explains how we process data and you can download it by clicking on the link below.